Stress relief & self-care
Everyone gets stressed from time to time, whether that is just a little bit, or A LOT, but there are many different things you can do to help relieve and control the stresses of life.
Self-care is one of the up-most important things, for some reason, all of our brains are wired for us to believe that if we look after ourselves, it is selfish.
Actually… to look after yourself is probably the most unselfish thing you could do! If you are happy, the people around you feel happy too, smiles are contagious, spend it like wildfire!
Everyone gets wrapped up in making sure everyone else is happy, we often forget about the most important person, ourselves, because if you’re not happy, how do you expect the people around you to be happy?
They want you to be happy just as much as you want them to be happy!
Here are a few different things you could try to help relieve some stress from your life;
1. Go for a walk
2. Go to the park & enjoy nature
3. Put on some uplifting music and dance like no-one is watching!
4. Curl up with a hot cup of something
5. Get a massage
6. Cook a new dish
7. Meet up with a friend
8. Write an entry in your journal about how awesome you are
9. Clean your environment
10. Find something to be thankful for
11. Take a bath, even add some essential oils!
12. Buy yourself some flowers or pick some from the garden
13. Indulge in your favourite treat
14. Read a book or magazine
15. Get pampered
17. Spend time with your pets, stroking your pet has been proven to release stress & tensions
18. Do something artistic (paint, draw, colour, create!)
19. Take yourself on a date
20. Watch your favourite movie
21. Allow yourself too day dream for 10 minutes
22. Use visualisation techniques
23. Evoke a good memory from looking at something like a photograph
24. Sit outside and enjoy the sounds, even just open the window if its raining & just listen
25. Listen to your favourite piece of music – personally, Bob Marley – Don’t worry, be happy, is always a winner for a good mood!
26. Listen to some relaxing sounds
27. Listen to a motivational recording
28. Use a relaxation CD
29. Listen to a radio programme with your eyes closed
32. Chat with someone who listens
33. Chew a piece of gum
34. Breathing exercises
35. Eat a piece of dark chocolate
36. Repeat your affirmations out loud & proud! – I am good enough, I am worthy, I am confident!
37. Burn some aromatherapy oils or use essential oils and a diffuser
38. Enjoy some scented candles
39. Do some baking
40. Enjoy outdoors smells
42. Use a stress ball
43. Wear warm clothing
44. Play a musical instrument
45. Use healing crystals
46. Practice Yoga or Pilates
47. Look up at the stars – my personal favourite!
I hope you can take at least one thing from this list to help you relieve some stress from your life and to start caring for yourself!
Read – Stop self-sabotaging